How to Clean and Care for your Towels and Pads
Bag until use
It is important to use soft high quality microfiber or 100% cotton towels and pads. All pads should be thoroughly washed and inspected regularly and stored in a dirt free environment.
We recommend the following:
- Machine wash your towels after each use using cold or warm water.
- Use liquid laundry detergent and avoid powder detergents. This eliminates the possibility of dissolved powder getting trapped in the pads and towels.
- Do not use fabric softeners of any kind including laundry detergents or dryer sheets that contain fabric softeners. These products will make your towels and pads less absorbent.
- Machine dry. Avoid high heat settings to prevent damaging the microfiber.
- Thoroughly inspect both sides of each towel or pad for contaminants that may have become embedded into the material.
- Keep towels and pads used on your vehicle separate from those used for household cleaning, such as floor, and shop areas. Also keep them separate during washing.
- After towels and pads have been washed and inspected, store them in a sealed container or bag, free from dust or dirt.
• Microfiber is lint free. To keep your towels and pads free of lint, do not wash them with cotton products.
• To avoid static cling when machine drying, remove the towels from the dryer before they are completely dry. Microfiber takes about half the time to dry compared to cotton.